When I think of Triceratops, I think of Cera from the movie The Land Before Time. My parents took me to see this in the theaters as soon as it came out because I was a huge dinosaur nut. Even though Cera was such a brat in the movie, I still loved her character. She was cute and she melted my heart.
Triceratops are very well known among both people who love dinosaurs and those that don’t know much about them.
Here we have combined a list of the best Triceratop dinosaur toys with a buyer’s guide so you can pick the best dinosaur toys for those lizard lovers in your life.
Best Triceratops dinosaur toys: our picks
1. FurReal Hoppin’ Topper Interactive Plush Pet Toy
Up first is this super cute, interactive FurReal dinosaur toy – the Hoppin’ Topper baby triceratops plush pet. This electronic toy is well-made, well-designed, and comes packed full of features and functionality, as you would expect from a toy in the FurReal Friends product line-up. It’s great for kids aged from four years and up, making a pretty good, affordable alternative to a real pet.
When it comes to interactivity, there is no shortage of ways to interact with this toy, offering plenty of variety when it comes to play. Pet the dino on his head, feed him with the included accessories, and list to him respond with over 35 different sound and motion combos. This toy will give your little one hours upon hours of fun, making it pretty good value for money when you consider how much play there is to be had with it.
Perhaps most surprising is this dino toy’s cost – with it retailing for just $30 – that’s half the price of the brand’s Munchin’ Rex toy, which we think you’ll agree is a pretty good deal. As well as price, it also benefits from a 4.5-star customer rating from some 1,428+ verified customer reviews, making this one not only great value but also excellent quality.
Buy it: From $30, Amazon.com
2. Animal Adventure Soft Landing Joyrides Triceratops Dinosaur Rocker
Buy it: From $75, Amazon.com
3. Pillow Pets Blue Triceratops 18″ Dinosaur Plush
Buy it: From $69, Amazon.com
4. Melissa & Doug Cuddle Dinosaur
Buy it: From $25, Amazon.com
5. Discovery Kids RC Triceratops
Buy it: From $12, Amazon.com
6. Glow Guards 15″ Light up Triceratops Plush
Buy it: From $21, Amazon.com
7. Hot Wheels Smashin’ Triceratops Play Set
Buy it: From $29, Amazon.com
8. Paw Patrol Dino Rescue Rubble and Triceratops
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
9. QUQUMA Touch Recording Talking Triceratops Dinosaur Toy
Buy it: From $15, Amazon.com
Buying guide for Triceratops dinosaur toys
Everywhere you look, there are dinosaur things. Toys, puzzles, clothes, plush animals, movies, shoes, books, cat or dog toys…the list goes on and on.
Maybe it is because even though dinosaurs are extinct, they amaze many people. Both adults and kids of all ages love them.
Keep reading to find out more about Triceratops.
Types of Triceratops dinosaur toys
There are so many types of Triceratops dinosaur toys.
We have seen some STEM dinosaur toys that come in Triceratops that can be taken apart and put back together. This allows a child to use tools to see how things work. A child will work on spatial awareness, cognitive abilities, concentration, and motor skills when they use this type of toy.
Another type of toy is the remote-controlled triceratops. They make these for various ages. We have seen some that were made just for ages 3 to 5, but different models are better for older children or teenagers.
Puzzles are always a fun toy to help develop fine motor skills. There are wooden Triceratops puzzles that only have a few pieces. These are made for toddlers. Three to five-year-olds will enjoy puzzles with more pieces. Puzzles may come in 100 pieces, which is great for an older child. Or you may find puzzles that come in hundreds of pieces, which are great for family night.
Transformer dinosaur toys are great for children that love both dinos and Transformers. Children will have a blast switching from Transformer to Triceratops.
There are also LEGO sets that contain Triceratops in them. These are nice gifts for any child that loves to build and be creative.
There are Triceratops monster trucks, plush toys, counters for math and sorting, dinosaur sticker sheets, puzzle books, coloring books, picture books, Pop Bubble fidget sensory toys, inflatable Triceratops, interactive sound books, baby dolls dressed up as Triceratops, Triceratops Hoppy toys, hand puppets, Triceratops hatching out of eggs, Triceratops dinosaur masks, and so much more!
The price of the Triceratops dinosaur toys will vary based on what company made the toy, how large the toy is, if it takes batteries or is rechargeable, and what age group the dinosaur toy is for. We have seen some inexpensive Triceratops toys, but these toys can also be pricey depending on what you purchase.
If you have a child that loves Triceratops, consider having a movie night. There are tons of movies that have these three-horned dinosaurs in them. Take it one step further and have Triceratops snacks, such as Triceratop Eggs (Deviled Eggs), Triceratop toes (Bugles), Triceratop teeth(candy corn), Triceratop scales ( potato chips), Three horn sandwiches (turkey and cheese cut into triangles), and Triceratop pop (any flavor of soda).
- Disneys Dinosaurs
- Walking With Dinosaurs
- The Land Before Time (Cera, Daddy Tops, Tria, Tricia)
- Dinosaur Train
- Invasion of the Tinysauruses
- Jurassic Park
- Jurassic World
- We’re Back- A Dinosaur Story
- The Valley of Gwangi
- Barney (Baby Bop)
- Dinosaucers (Tricero)
- Power Rangers Dino Charge / Power Rangers Dino Super Charge (Tricera Zord)
- Extreme Dinosaurs (Spike)
- Dinosaur King (Chomp)
Facts about Triceratops
Triceratops is an interesting dinosaur. Here are some facts that you may wish to share with the dino-lover in your life.
- Triceratops means three-horned-face in Greek. You pronounce their name ‘tri-SERa-tops’.
- The beak of a Triceratops was hard and parrotlike.
- The head is one of the largest of any land animal discovered.
- This dino had up to 800 teeth that were continually being replaced.,
- They were up to 30 feet long and weighed up to 5 tons. They were about 9.5 to 9.8 feet tall. These creatures were comparable in size to an African elephant.
- Triceratops was a herbivore. They roamed in large herds and ate plants. Even though they were large, they were very fast!
- The head of a Triceratops weighed ⅓ of what its body weighed.
- They lived in the upland forest of North America.
- Their frill, also called a flounce, was body armor. It may have also helped to regulate body temperature.
- This dinosaur was part of a group of dinosaurs known as ceratopsids.
- The Triceratops is the state dinosaur of Wyoming.
We hope you have enjoyed our best picks and buyer’s guide for Triceratops dinosaur toys. These toys really are something to roar about!
Triceratops is a popular dinosaur that any terrible lizard lover will adore. If your child has dinosaurs, they absolutely need triceratops!