Dinosaurs are unique animals that kids find fun to play with. These creatures intrigue many because they were so large and powerful.
The great thing about dinosaurs is that since no one is really certain what they looked like exactly, kids can let their imaginations go wild. And that is exactly what this world needs!
Here we list the best dinosaur toy sets we could find, along with a buyer’s guide to assist you with your purchase.
Table of Contents
Best dinosaur toy sets: our picks
1. 3 Bees and Me 6″ Inch Toy Dinosaurs and Case (12 pieces)
Buy it: From $20, Amazon.com
2. Boley Jumbo Dinosaur Set (5 pieces)
Buy it: From $30, Amazon.com
3. Winsenpro 13″ Jumbo Dinosaur Set (5 pieces)
Buy it: From $30, Amazon.com
4. Boley 9″ Long Dinosaur Toys with Educational Pamphlet (14 pieces)
Buy it: From $19, Amazon.com
5. Prextex Jumbo Dinosaur Toy Set (5 pieces)
Buy it: From $29, Amazon.com
6. JOYIN Realistic Dinosaur Figures Playset with Educational Booklet (12 pieces)
Buy it: From $25, Amazon.com
7. Gzsbaby Store Dinosaur Toys Set (6 Pieces)
Buy it: From $37, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur toy sets
We love toys that children can play with in a variety of ways. Or toys that can be incorporated with other toys for hours of fun.
With dinosaur toy sets, we feel that these fit into that category.
Keep reading to find out more about dinosaur toy sets.
Many dinosaur toy sets can be added to different toys to create more fun.
A dinosaur toy set can easily be added to a block center to create homes for the dinosaurs. Or a child can make a volcano with the blocks. Blocks could be wooden, brick blocks, Legos, Duplo, foam blocks, snap blocks, stick building blocks, Mega Bloks, Picasso blocks, Magnatiles, or any others you may have.
Or perhaps you will add dinosaur toy sets to a water table or sand table. Children can bathe their dinosaurs or dig for them in the sand.
Don’t stop there! A dinosaur toy set can be added to a doctor’s kit to play dino vet. Or children can take them outside to play in the rocks with. Some dinosaur toy sets can be played with in the pool while others are great for the bathtub.
We also love the idea of adding dinosaur toy sets to playdough. Children can make impressions of the dinosaur’s feet, tail, and body. Or they can use the dinosaur as a model to create their own.
Here are some dinosaur facts you may wish to share with your dinosaur-loving child.
- The tallest dinosaur is Sauroposeidon Proteles, a huge plant-eater who roamed North America. With a ludicrously long neck, it stood 55 feet tall.
- Troodon had a big brain for its relatively tiny size and was most likely among the smartest dinosaurs.
- Numerous dinosaur skulls had large holes that both made them lighter and assisted to keep them cool.
- One of the oddest dinosaurs is the Suzhousaurus, who looked like a colossal rat. This weird-looking dinosaur possessed a furry body suggesting it may be a remote ancestor of the giant ground sloth.
- Numerous of the largest plant-eaters had to eat as much as a ton of food a day. This is close to eating a bus-sized pile of vegetation every day.
- Some dinosaurs’ tails measured over 45 feet long. Many dinosaurs had long tails that assisted them to keep their balance while running.
If you are looking for dinosaur toy sets, you may wish to go with the most popular dinosaurs. The top ones on the children’s list include:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
There are many educational values in dinosaur toy sets. Besides learning about dinosaurs, a child can be creative in their play. A child that is creative and has an imagination will fare far better in life than a child that does not.
Language skills are also developed when a child plays with a dinosaur toy set. It does not matter if the child is playing on their own or with a friend, they can have conversations with their dinosaurs or each other. To go along with their language skills, an adult can further facilitate language by asking open-ended questions. Not only will this get the child to talk, but it will also allow them to think more. Some great open-ended questions you can ask are:
- What killed the dinosaurs?
- What do you suppose would happen if dinosaurs still roamed the Earth?
- What was your favorite dinosaur and why?
- If you could name a dinosaur, what would you name it?
A child can also use counting skills when playing with dinosaur toy sets. They can sort them out based on color, height, meat-eaters, plant eaters, spikes, long necks, and flying dinosaurs.
Art can also occur with dinosaur toy sets. A child can use the dinosaurs to make footprints with paints. Or they can use plaster of Paris to make impressions, then paint these. An adult can also add a variety of art materials to a table to allow a child to make one of the dinosaurs from the toy set or to create their own. Art materials may include clay, paint, paper, glitter, markers, tape crayons, colored pencils, scissors, ribbons, feathers, glue, glue sticks, dinosaur stickers, craft sticks, tissue paper, foam paper, styrofoam, wood, and anything else you have that will facilitate a child to be creative.
We hope you enjoyed reading and learning all about dinosaur toy sets. We loved seeing all the cool sets that are available.
As you can see, there are several different kinds of dinosaur toy sets you can buy. It can be a tough decision, but with our buyer’s guide, you can find one right for your dino-loving kid.
And really, with any of the dinosaur sets on our list above, you just can not go wrong.