My best friend has a baby that is very sensitive to noises. Therefore, when she sleeps, she often jumps. And this then begins the process of her crying and it is so hard to get her calmed down. I had suggested she try a swaddle because then her baby girl will feel comforted like she was in the womb.
My friend was on the fence at first. She said she would feel like she was conforming to her. But a swaddle can really be comforting to little ones. I have known several babies that were swaddled when they were young, and they all turned out fine.
Today, we take a look at the best dinosaur swaddles, along with a buying guide so you can find the best one for all the babies in your life.
Best dinosaur swaddles: our picks
1. TANOFAR Dinosaur Newborn Swaddle Cocoon Cocoon Sack
Buy it: From $13, Amazon.com
2. Aenne Baby Muslin Dinosaur Swaddle Blanket
Buy it: From $19, Amazon.com
3. Miracle Baby 100% Cotton Knitted Baby Dinosaur Swaddle Blanket with Hat Set
Buy it: From $14, Amazon.com
4. SwaddleMe Original Dinosaur Swaddle (3 pack)
Buy it: From $35, Amazon.com
5. Elstey Dinosaur Baby Sleep Sack Swaddle
Buy it: From $15, Amazon.com
6. Baby Essentials Store Soft Cotton Baby Dinosaur Swaddle Wrap Blanket with Matching Hat
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
7. Momcozy Baby Swaddle Blankets (4 Pack)
Buy it: From $21, Amazon.com
8. aden + anais Essentials Swaddle Blankets (4 pack)
Buy it: From $35, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur swaddles
If you have ever held a child that wanted to be soothed, you know that sometimes it is hard to do so in a way that quickly soothes them.
But with a swaddle, this can often happen immediately. An infant will feel like they are in the womb, which was a comforting place for them.
Keep reading on how to find the best dinosaur swaddle for your baby.
What is a swaddle?
A swaddle is a type of blanket that is used for infants where their body is wrapped up tightly. They will be tight enough that they will not be able to wiggle out.
Many new parents will use a swaddle on their newborn to transition it from the womb to the crib.
There are several reasons why you would want to swaddle a child:
- The startle reflex will be decreased which will prevent them from waking up.
- Babies have a tendency to feel safe and comforted as they will feel similar to being in the womb.
- Your baby will be warm all throughout their sleep as they will not be able to get out of it.
A swaddle is also very safe. Many parents will opt to use these as they do not possess the safety hazard of suffocation such as regular dinosaur blankets do.
Typically, swaddling is safe for all infants. But if your baby does have hip dysplasia or other hip problems, you may wish to avoid swaddling as it can become aggravated by this.
Keeping your baby swaddled will also protect the baby. If a room is drafty, it will protect the baby from getting any of the cool air on their skin. When a baby sleeps, the swaddle will protect them from scratching their face with their nails.
If you are uncertain about using a swaddle, consult your pediatrician.
Do all babies like it?
No, not all babies like to be swaddled. Just as not all people like to be covered up with a lot of blankets or to be constricted.
If your baby does not like being fully swaddled, you can just try to swaddle their torso.
Types of dinosaur swaddles
There are two different types of swaddles. Some babies do not care which type they are swaddled in, while others will prefer one of the other.
- Traditional swaddle- This swaddling blanket is large and thin. They easily wrap up your infant in a “burrito” fashion. It can be very tricky to master the swaddle. But once you have, it will become second nature. Best of all, once you are done with swaddling, you can use the blanket as a burp rag or regular blanket.
- Swaddle pouch or sack- Swaddling your baby is much easier with a pouch or sack. These have velcro, zippers, or snaps that allow you to wrap the baby up. This is a very convenient option and works great for those that have no idea how to swaddle, such as a teenage babysitter.
Many new parents may not even know what a swaddle is. If you have a baby shower to go to, or know of someone that is having a baby, add in a dinosaur baby swaddle. These swaddles are perfect for both boys and girls. They make a great gift all alone or can be placed in a gift basket with other baby items, such as a pacifier, outfits, receiving blankets, bottles, dinosuar teethers, rattles, and dinosaur baby toys.
Many times you will see a newborn getting their pictures taken after they get out of the hospital.
One popular item to use is a swaddle. The newborn is swaddled, then placed in a basket. This is an adorable picture that makes a great memory.
We have seen many dinosaur swaddles on the market that have matching hats with them. We are in favor of this because not only is it cute, but these sets are great for keeping the entire baby warm and comfortable.
We hope you have enjoyed our review and buyer’s guide for dinosaur swaddles. We enjoyed writing it after looking at so many neat dinosaur swaddles. You will now have all the information you need to make an educated decision on which dinosaur swaddle is right for your baby.
Every newborn is different. While some will love to be swaddled, others will hate it. Some may prefer a traditional one over a sack. It is best to experiment as only babies will know what is best for them.
And once you have found the one they love, their sleep will improve as they will feel safe and secure.