String lights are a great way to decorate a child’s room. They work in nurseries, preschooler’s rooms, and even teen’s rooms. These lights come in a wide variety of patterns and colors.
Here we have created a review of the best dinosaur string lights, along with a buyer’s guide that will tell you exactly what to look for in these lights.
If you have a lizard lover in your home, dinosaur lights are the way to go.
Best dinosaur string lights: our picks
1. Navaris Battery Powered Dinosaur String Lights
Buy it: From $14, Amazon.com
2. Hoolight Dinosaur String Lights with Dino Eggs
Buy it: From $10, Amazon.com
3. SAKACACT Realistic Looking Dinosaur String Lights
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
4. Lights4fun Inc Indoor LED Dinosaur String Lights
Buy it: From $30, Amazon.com
5. Lights4fun Inc Battery-operated Indoor Silver Wire Dinosaur String Lights
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
6. Kurt Adler UL T-Rex and Styracosaurus Light Set
Buy it: From $21, Amazon.com
7. Lights4fun Inc Battery-operated T-Rex Dinosaur String Lights
Buy it: From $20, Amazon.com
Buyer’s guide for dinosaur string lights
One thing that I wish I had growing up was a set of dinosaur lights for my room. I had an extreme fetish for dinosaurs but never had string lights with them. Which is very surprising because I had everything else.
String lights are a great way to decorate a room and add a bit of the child’s style. They serve a purpose and function, so, therefore, they are great to give.
Keep reading to find out more about dinosaur string lights.
Indoor or outdoor
String lights come in indoor or outdoor use. You will want to make sure that if you plan on using them outside, they are outdoor safe. Many families will use string lights to decorate a porch or patio area in the summer. Or they may use the lights as decor for a birthday party.
Ideas for dinosaur lights
Dinosaur lights can be used in a variety of places. Here are some great ideas that you might wish to think about.
- If your child loves dinosaurs, dinosaur string lights are perfect for their bedroom. They can be hung around a window, from the ceiling, or on the posts of a bed.
- Does your child hate to read? Make a book nook for them with comfortable pillows, a plush blanket, and a set of dinosaur lights. This may spark their interest if they are only allowed there while they read.
- Use dinosaur string lights to decorate for your child’s birthday party. These will look great with a complete dinosaur theme.
- Let your child decorate a Christmas tree in their room with a set of dinosaur string lights.
- Set up your backyard with a dinosaur camping area. Put up a tent, string some dinosaur lights, and add a few blow-up dinosaurs for a great adventure.
- Use dinosaur string lights for a photo backdrop for pictures.
By allowing your child to have string lights in their room, you are allowing their creativity to show through. They can pick from the various ones on the market, such as dinosaurs, princesses, unicorns, footballs, cats, penguins, or anything else they can think of.
Number of bulbs
The number of bulbs is important to know when buying a set of dinosaur string lights. If you have a larger area to decorate with, you will probably need to purchase a few sets.
The lights are naturally what give the dinosaur string lights their glow. The bulbs will generally be LED lights. This kind of light will have the longest lifespan. They also make Edison-style bulbs and globe bulbs. Each light bulb has its pros and cons. Edison-style light bulbs will offer the most light, while globe lights provide a soft glow.
String lights may have different lighting modes. There may be 2, 4, 6, or 8 lighting modes on your dinosaur string lights.
The effects of the lights can vary. Some will strobe, which are great for parties. Others twinkle brightly or fade in and out.
You will also want to take into consideration how durable your dinosaur string lights will be. If you will be using them outdoors, you will need to make sure that they are waterproof.
Solar power lights
Some lights are powered by solar energy. These will not require any plugins to make them light up. Some things to take into consideration for solar-powered light are:
Technology– Solar panels come with two technologies- Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline. Monocrystalline is better than polycrystalline in all aspects. However, it tends to be more costly than the other.
Charging Time– This will tell one the time the panel will take to be fully charged. Most charge in less than 10 hours but you should compare labels against each other to find the ones that take the least amount of time to be fully charged.
Power Backup (Run-Time)– The aforementioned represents the battery size of the panel by showing you the run time of the lights when they are fully charged. Therefore, before purchasing the lights, you must always look at how long they can offer you light once they are fully charged. It is in your best interest to look for ones that stay charged the longest.
Dual Charging – Solar Panels need sunlight to charge up Nevertheless, in rainy weather, it is very challenging for them to become charged. Therefore, to succeed in this issue, different labels offer the option of USB charging that charges your panel by using the electricity of your home.
We hope you have enjoyed our dinosaur string lights review and buyer’s guide. You will now have enough information to purchase the best dino string lights for your terrible lizard lover!
Dinosaur string lights are a great addition to any child’s room. They are fun and fully functional, so you can feel good about purchasing them for your child.
Dinosaur string lights can create a magical space for your child to hang out in. And that is very important for a child to have.