A night light is a great addition to any child’s bedroom. These lights can add a bit of warmth and ambience, yet provide a useful function.
With a wide variety on the market, there is a night light for every child. If they love the circus, you can find ones with clowns. Perhaps they love princesses, so you could find them a Snow White or Ariel night light. Are they into dinosaurs? There are a good deal of dinosaur night lights available.
Here we will provide you with our picks of the best dinosaur night lights, along with a buying guide for making sure you find the best ones for your needs.
Best dinosaur night lights: our picks
1. FULLOSUN 16-color 4 Pattern 3D Dinosaur Night Light
Up first, we’ve got this awesome 3D illusion dino lamp from FULLOSUN – a 16-color, 4-pattern night light that offers a lot of variety at a low price point. Each pattern features a different dinosaur, including T-rex, Triceratops, Velociraptor, and Dilophosaurus – letting you mix it up, changing the dino it displays to reflect your mood.
This dinosaur night light has a bunch of features. There are 16-different color modes, each controlled by remote control – 4 different flashing modes, including fade, flash, strobe, and smooth. It is made from a high-quality, optical laser engraved acrylic flat board to give amazing 3D visuals. You can power this dino lamp either from the mains, using a power supply, or using 3x AA batteries – although, if you want to power it with batteries, you’ll need to pick these up separately. In the box, you’ll find the lamp itself, a remote control, a 59” USB cable, and a UL-listed power adapter – giving you everything you need to get it up and running.
Overall, this 3D dinosaur night light is excellent. Packed full of features, well-made, and affordable – retailing at just $26 – there’s a lot of value here for the money. This product also benefits from a good customer rating, with 948+ verified customer reviews giving this one an average 4.5-star rating. If you’re looking for a fun, full-featured night light at a budget price – this one is definitely worth giving a closer look.
Buy it: From $26, Amazon.com
2. DQMOON Dinosaur Projector Lamp Night Light
Up next, we’ve got a dinosaur projector night light from DQMOON – a lamp that offers a lot more than a static, traditional night light, turning your little one’s bedroom or nursery into a light show. This one projects images of dinosaurs and vehicles onto walls and ceilings and has numerous light and color settings, providing plenty of options for variation and customization with this lamp.
This projector night light offers 16 color modes – either one of four solid colors (warm yellow/blue/red/green) – or nine unique, multi-color modes. Once powered up, the base silently rotates, making for a wonderful, captivating light show that your little one can enjoy as they fall to sleep. In terms of power, there are two options – either by USB or using 4x AAA batteries, making it a good choice for anyone looking for a night light with some portability.
Overall, if you’re looking for something a little different from the traditional night lights that offer more of a bedtime experience than merely a lamp, then this pick is well worth a look. It’s also not bad when it comes to price, retailing for just $20 – which isn’t bad, given the variety and options it offers. As well as this, this product also comes with a pretty good rating, scoring an average of 4-stars from some 409+ verified customer ratings.
Buy it: From $20, Amazon.com
3. Qunlight Dinosaur Shaped Neon Night Light
Buy it: From $14, Amazon.com
4. Jurassic World Projectables LED Night Light
Buy it: From $14, Amazon.com
5. Wanxing Cute Dinosaur Neon LED Night Light
Buy it: From $15, Amazon.com
6. Vdsrup Cute Little Dinosaur Plug-in LED Night Light
Our next pick is perfect for anyone looking for a more permanent night light solution, being mainly powered, unlike many of the others we’ve included, which offer portability by either being battery-powered or rechargeable. This LED, mains-powered night light is one of a set of 25 different themes and styles, including everything from flags and sports to cute animals and seasonal holidays.
This product ships with two-night lights – perfect if you want to light a child’s room and a hallway or bathroom to make mid-night toilet trips easier to navigate. The night light includes a high-brightness LED lamp – this lamp is rated for 100,000 hours, so it’s unlikely that you’ll ever need to replace it. As well as this, the lamps are also highly energy-efficient, being just 0.5W.
Overall, this product offers a lot of value – with the set included two pieces for $17 – that’s just $8.50 per night light. They’re also cheap to run, cool to touch, and incredibly convenient to use – simply plug them in and turn them on, that’s it. They also come well-rated, with 1,030+ verified customer reviews giving this product an average rating of 4.5-stars.
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
7. VSATEN Color Changing Silicone Cute Dinosaur Night Light
Our next pick is this super cute, color-changing silicone dinosaur night light from VSATEN – a USB-powered, rechargeable lamp that is perfect for use at home and away. Available in one of two color options – blue and pink – this soothing, color-changing night light is an excellent pick for parents of younger children, being a perfect accessory to any nursery or toddler bedroom.
Easy to turn on, with a simple easy-tap control switch – this light can change colors with a single tap, cycling between white, red, green, blue, or a 7-color gradient mode. It’s also portable, being perfect for use at home or on the road, thanks to a built-in 1,200mAH battery, rechargeable by USB, which provides up to 8 hours of light. Everything here is BPA-free and kid-safe, being made from soft, washable silicone material and has a smooth finish with no sharp edges.
While we love the look of this one – with its super cute dino aesthetic being one of the nicest looking dinosaur night lights for young children on the market – it’s pretty expensive for what it is, with a price tag of $18. That said, it does benefit from being well-rated, scoring an average of 4.5-stars from 985+ customer ratings – so while it might be a little pricey, it has a lot to offer, according to those who’ve already purchased it.
Buy it: From $18, Amazon.com
8. Visnfa 3D Dinosaur Egg 16-color Night Light
Last up; we’ve got this 16-color 3D dinosaur egg night light from Visnfa. The night light is rechargeable, offering 10-20 hours of operation from a single charge depending on brightness, and features both remote and built-in controls to switch colors and dimmer control. This product is best suited for kids aged four years and up, as it features a more realistic aesthetic that might not be suitable for young children.
This light includes a remote control that makes it easy to switch between its 16 different color settings and control its dimmer. As well as the remote, it’s also possible to switch between seven colors manually, using the metal ring located on its base. Made from environmentally-friendly PVC, this night light is non-toxic and kid-safe – it also includes a wooden base, which is a nice touch, helping to keep the night light standing in an upright position. This light is rechargeable and powered using USB, making it great for use around the home or away, being easy to take with you on vacation or visiting friends or family.
All in all, this dinosaur night light is pretty nice – it’s well-made, designed, and is built from quality materials – not bad for $27, considering the versatility this light offers, with multiply light and brightness settings. It also benefits from a reasonably good review, scoring an average of 4-stars from 33+ verified customer reviews. This pick is definitely one worth considering, especially if you’re looking for something a little out of the ordinary when it comes to design.
Buy it: From $27, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur nightlights
A night light is designed to provide a minimal amount of light that is not disruptive to others. The glow from the light will be soothing and warm.
A night light will eliminate the need to turn on other lights. This will ensure that bright lights will not wake your children up if you have to check on them.
Be sure to follow this buyer’s guide to ensure that you find the best dinosaur night lights available.
Light Bulb types
It does matter what kind of lightbulb your night light takes. Some have better wattage than others while some will even get hot to the touch.
- Incandescent light bulbs are 60 watts and will put out between 1,000 to 2,000 hours of light. These light bulbs are very inexpensive at less than a few bucks each. If there is direct contact with the skin, burns can occur.
- Halogen bulbs are 60 watts and will put out 3,600 hours of light. These light bulbs are very super inexpensive at $1 to $3 each. If there is direct contact with the skin, burns can occur. These bulbs are a lot hotter than incandescent bulbs, so one should be extremely careful when touching them.
- Compact fluorescent lights have 13 watts to 18 watts and will put out 6,000 to 8,000 hours of light. These light bulbs are very inexpensive at less than a few bucks each. If there is direct contact with the skin, burns can occur just the same way as an incandescent bulb.
Benefits of using a night light
There are several benefits to using a night light. These include:
- Sleep patterns are not disturbed if a light needs to be turned on. This is very useful for parents who get up in the middle of the night to check on their children. Many dinosaur night lights will have low light bulbs, allowing them to throw off the perfect amount of light to see well enough.
- If your child’s bedroom is cluttered with dinosaur toys, a night light will allow the parent to navigate through the bedroom easier.
- Night lights are cost-effective. Even if you run the nightlight on a continuous basis for a year, you are looking at under $30 a year to pay for that electricity with the bulb.
- Some children will be able to lower their stress when a dinosaur night light is used. They feel safer with the light on. It can be a scary thing for children to not know what is in the dark, so the nightlight will fully protect them.
- Night lights are great for parents that need to change diapers in the middle of the night or get a baby a milk or dino water bottle.
- These lights can help a child find their dino blanket or favorite plush dinosaur toy if they should happen to lose it during the night. Or for older children, the night light can be a safe way for a child to get up and go to the bathroom by themselves.
Dinosaur night light tips
The following will allow you and your children to stay safe when a night light is used.
- The nightlight you purchase should never directly touch any part of a bed or it’s dinosaur bedding. You will also want to make sure that the dino curtains are not touching the light. It should be away from carpets, dinosaur rugs or dino play mats too.
- Your night light should never be covered by anything.
- To avoid overheating, use a lower watt light bulb.
- If your outlet in the room is by the bed, consider foregoing a plug in night light and going with a battery operated one.
You will also want to make sure that your dinosaur night light is safe for your child and the rest of your family.
Unfortunately, there is a material in some night lights that is toxic. This material, methylene chloride, is used to strip paint. However, once it gets onto the skin, it becomes very toxic. It should also never be breathed in. If your night light does contain this material, and it happens to break, do not try to fix it or save it. All parts need to go directly into the garbage can.
Another point to think about is using your night light only indoors. If you use it outdoors, and it becomes wet, there is a possibility of shock.
It is our hope that you really enjoyed reading our best dinosaur night lights list and buying guide.
You will now be able to pick the best night light for all the little people in your life.
By finding the best night light for your child’s needs, it can last a long time and be cherished forever.