A night light is a great addition to any child’s bedroom. These lights can add a bit of warmth and ambience, yet provide a useful function.
With a wide variety on the market, there is a night light for every child. If they love the circus, you can find ones with clowns. Perhaps they love princesses, so you could find them a Snow White or Ariel night light. Are they into dinosaurs? There are a good deal of dinosaur night lights available.
Here we will provide you with our picks of the best dinosaur night lights, along with a buying guide for making sure you find the best ones for your needs.
Best dinosaur night lights: our picks
1. FULLOSUN 16-color 4 Pattern 3D Dinosaur Night Light
Buy it: From $26, Amazon.com
2. DQMOON Dinosaur Projector Lamp Night Light
Buy it: From $20, Amazon.com
3. Qunlight Dinosaur Shaped Neon Night Light
Buy it: From $14, Amazon.com
4. Jurassic World Projectables LED Night Light
Buy it: From $14, Amazon.com
5. Wanxing Cute Dinosaur Neon LED Night Light
Buy it: From $15, Amazon.com
6. Vdsrup Cute Little Dinosaur Plug-in LED Night Light
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
7. Obrecis Store Light Up Dinosaur Marquee Sign Night Light
Buy it: From $16, Amazon.com
8. VSATEN Color Changing Silicone Cute Dinosaur Night Light
Buy it: From $18, Amazon.com
9. GoLine Kids 7-Color Rechargable Dinosaur Night Light Squishy
Buy it: From $20, Amazon.com
10. Visnfa 3D Dinosaur Egg 16-color Night Light
Buy it: From $27, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur nightlights
A night light is designed to provide a minimal amount of light that is not disruptive to others. The glow from the light will be soothing and warm.
A night light will eliminate the need to turn on other lights. This will ensure that bright lights will not wake your children up if you have to check on them.
Be sure to follow this buyer’s guide to ensure that you find the best dinosaur night lights available.
Light Bulb types
It does matter what kind of lightbulb your night light takes. Some have better wattage than others while some will even get hot to the touch.
- Incandescent light bulbs are 60 watts and will put out between 1,000 to 2,000 hours of light. These light bulbs are very inexpensive at less than a few bucks each. If there is direct contact with the skin, burns can occur.
- Halogen bulbs are 60 watts and will put out 3,600 hours of light. These light bulbs are very super inexpensive at $1 to $3 each. If there is direct contact with the skin, burns can occur. These bulbs are a lot hotter than incandescent bulbs, so one should be extremely careful when touching them.
- Compact fluorescent lights have 13 watts to 18 watts and will put out 6,000 to 8,000 hours of light. These light bulbs are very inexpensive at less than a few bucks each. If there is direct contact with the skin, burns can occur just the same way as an incandescent bulb.
Benefits of using a night light
There are several benefits to using a night light. These include:
- Sleep patterns are not disturbed if a light needs to be turned on. This is very useful for parents who get up in the middle of the night to check on their children. Many dinosaur night lights will have low light bulbs, allowing them to throw off the perfect amount of light to see well enough.
- If your child’s bedroom is cluttered with dinosaur toys, a night light will allow the parent to navigate through the bedroom easier.
- Night lights are cost-effective. Even if you run the nightlight on a continuous basis for a year, you are looking at under $30 a year to pay for that electricity with the bulb.
- Some children will be able to lower their stress when a dinosaur night light is used. They feel safer with the light on. It can be a scary thing for children to not know what is in the dark, so the nightlight will fully protect them.
- Night lights are great for parents that need to change diapers in the middle of the night or get a baby a milk or dino water bottle.
- These lights can help a child find their dino blanket or favorite plush dinosaur toy if they should happen to lose it during the night. Or for older children, the night light can be a safe way for a child to get up and go to the bathroom by themselves.
Dinosaur night light tips
The following will allow you and your children to stay safe when a night light is used.
- The nightlight you purchase should never directly touch any part of a bed or it’s dinosaur bedding. You will also want to make sure that the curtains are not touching the light. It should be away from carpets, dinosaur rugs or dino play mats too.
- Your night light should never be covered by anything.
- To avoid overheating, use a lower watt light bulb.
- If your outlet in the room is by the bed, consider foregoing a plug in night light and going with a battery operated one.
You will also want to make sure that your dinosaur night light is safe for your child and the rest of your family.
Unfortunately, there is a material in some night lights that is toxic. This material, methylene chloride, is used to strip paint. However, once it gets onto the skin, it becomes very toxic. It should also never be breathed in. If your night light does contain this material, and it happens to break, do not try to fix it or save it. All parts need to go directly into the garbage can.
Another point to think about is using your night light only indoors. If you use it outdoors, and it becomes wet, there is a possibility of shock.
It is our hope that you really enjoyed reading our best dinosaur night lights list and buying guide.
You will now be able to pick the best night light for all the little people in your life.
By finding the best night light for your child’s needs, it can last a long time and be cherished forever.