When I was growing up, from the time I went to kindergarten until after I graduated high school, my mom did in-home daycare. Those kids were treated just like they were part of the family, and she always thought about them when we were going to garage sales or the store.
They had a huge toy box full of anything you can think of. Dinosaurs, babies, blocks, cars, and so much more. Hot Wheels were always a welcome addition whenever new toys were added.
Here we have compiled a list of the best dinosaur Hot Wheels cars, along with a buyer’s guide so you know precisely what to look for.
Best dinosaur Hot Wheels: our picks
1. Hot Wheels City Robo T-Rex Ultimate Multi-level Garage
Buy it: From $89, Amazon.com
2. Hot Wheels T-Rex Rampage Track Set
Buy it: From $50, Amazon.com
3. Hot Wheels Smashin’ Triceratops Play Set
Buy it: From $29, Amazon.com
4. Hot Wheels Dino Coaster Attack Playset
Buy it: From $15, Amazon.com
5. Hot Wheels Jurassic World Stegosaurus Car
Buy it: From $10, Amazon.com
6. Hot Wheels 2019 Dino Riders Motosaurus Car
Buy it: From $8, Amazon.com
7. Hot Wheels Demolition Doubles Motosaurus VS Mega-Wrex 1:64 Scale Monster Trucks
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels are a brand of die-cast vehicles that nearly every little boy will appreciate. Girls love them as well. These fun cars make a great gift and are often priced at about the one-dollar mark.
If your child loves to imagine with cars and other toys, these dinosaur Hot Wheels are for them.
Keep reading to learn more!
Hot Wheels brand
Hot Wheels are a brand of die-cast cars that are made by the Mattel company. These timeless toys were first introduced to Americans in 1968 when Elliot Handler, the husband of the lady that made Barbies, was determined to invent a competitor to the Matchbox brand.
At that time, there were 16 castings manufactured including a Camaro, Firebird, and Cougar. Since then, their reputation has increased tremendously! Kids love to have fun with them, and both children and adults collect them.
Car factories have licensed Mattel to produce scale replicas of many prestigious cars. Each year 519 million Hot Wheels cars are manufactured, with 16.5 being produced every second. To date, there are 20,000 variations on the Hot Wheels cars.
New releases are being developed all the time by the Mattel family. Some that will be coming out this year include ’70 Dodge Power Wagon, Toyota Off-Road Truck, Land Rover Defender 90, ’70 Volkswagen Baja Bug, Lancia Delta Integrale 21NM, and ’19 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss LT.
These cars also hold their value very well. Some of the most valuable ones include the 1971 Purple Olds 442, 1968 Custom Volkswagen without a sunroof, 2008 Diamond-Encrusted 40th Anniversary Special Edition, 1969 Pink, Rear-Loading VW Beach Bomb, 1968 white enamel Camaro, 1968 Cheetah base Python, and the 1970 Red Baron with white interior.
Hot Wheels vs. Matchbox
While Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars look similar, they are different on some levels. These two cars are compatible, as Mattel owns them both. Hot Wheels tends to have more fantasy elements than Matchbox cars do. Matchbox cars tend to look more realistic with fewer graphics.
Individual or Group Play
Hot Wheels dinosaur toys can be enjoyed with just one child or a group of children. If a group of children is playing with the dinosaur Hot Wheels cars, the children may decide to play with them side by side, which is often referred to as parallel play. This means the child will both be playing but will not interact with each other.
Older children are interested in associative play. When this play occurs, the children will interact with each other and ask questions.
Benefits of playing with Hot Wheels
There are many benefits of playing with Hot Wheels. Both boys and girls alike love this timeless toy.
- Playing with any kind of Hot Wheels, from dinosaurs to dragons, will allow children to problem-solve. If they’re using a Hot Wheels track, they will want to estimate how fast the car is going to jump the ramp. If they are only playing with Hot Wheels cars, they may follow a storyline. Maybe they will run out of gas so they will need to think of a way to acquire more. Or perhaps they will have a flat tire. They will be required to run the story through their mind to come up with a way to solve the issue.
- Children that are given Hot Wheels to play with will be capable of discovering quite a few things, such as weight, density, gravity, balance, and quantities.
- Those that play with Hot Wheels can also learn how to sort their cars by colors, makes and models, years, and more.
- Playing with Hot Wheels can support a child with their literacy skills, as well as communication, language, and social skills. Thoughts, concepts, and more will be communicated as toys as they are being played with.
- Creativity can easily come from Hot Wheels. Playing with these cars, no matter if they are shaped like a dinosaur or just a car, will involve your child utilizing their creativity. And when a child practices this, they are working on their creative side. This in turn will allow a child to practice their self-expression and show them how to cope with their feelings.
We hope that by taking the time to read our reviews and buyer’s guide on dinosaur Hot Wheels that you will be able to find your child some that will knock their socks off. These fun toys merit a good time and they will be a toy that your child can cherish for years.
Aside from these being from a trusted brand, you can rest assured that your child will get the most out of each play adventure.
And there is not a better feeling than that when it comes to purchasing a toy for your child.