I love looking at Funko pops. Perhaps it is because my nephew collects them. Or maybe it is because they make so many different ones. Whatever it is, they are a lot of fun to look at.
The first time I heard about Funko pops, I immediately thought they were some sort of candy. However, I quickly learned they were a neat toy that can be played with or collected.
Here we have provided you with the best Dinosaur Funko pops, along with a buyer’s guide so you know exactly what to look for.
Table of Contents
Best dinosaur Funko pops: our picks
1. Funko Pop Movies: Jurassic World 2 “Blue” Velociraptor
Buy it: From $20, Amazon.com
2. Funko Pop! TV: Dinosaurs Baby Sinclair
Buy it: From $13, Amazon.com
3. Funko Pop! Movies: Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus
Buy it: From $15, Amazon.com
4. Funko Pop! Movies: Jurassic Park Dilophosaurus
Buy it: From $16, Amazon.com
5. Funko Pop Movies: Jurassic World 2 Indoraptor
Buy it: From $21, Amazon.com
6. Funko Pop! Marvel: Deadpool 30th Dinopool
Buy it: From $15, Amazon.com
7. Funko Pop Movies: Jurassic World 2 Stygimoloch
Buy it: From $23, Amazon.com
8. Funko POP Disney: Good Dinosaur Arlo
Buy it: From $73, Amazon.com
9. Funko Pop Movies: Jurassic Park Red Dilophosaurus
Buy it: From $35, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur Funko pops
Funko pops bring back so many great memories for me. With so many different characters to pick from, there is something for anyone.
Funko pops do make a great gift, so if you are uncertain what a person wants, but know that they love dinosaurs, a dinosaur Funko pop would be a safe gift.
Keep reading to learn more about dinosaur Funko pops.
Funko pops are manufactured by Funko Toys. This American company was founded by Mike Baker and was originally called Funko Force 2.0. Baker first made Big Boy, the mascot for the restaurant Big Boy, like the ones that he saw online were just too expensive. Once he made Big Boy, he was addicted to making more. The company now has a net income of over $3.7 million.
Funko pops come in many different characters. We have seen dinosaurs, Marvel, Disney, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. There are some from anime movies, comics, sports, games, board games, SNL, and much more. The company divides the Funko pops into the following groups: Books, Ugly Dolls, Stan Lee, My Little Pony, Holiday Heroes, Game of Thrones, Games, Rocks, Muppets, Marvel, Disney, Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, DIY, Star Wars, Harry Potter, WWE, Pop the Vote, Ad Icons, Sports, Rides,Conan O”Brien, Sanrio, Wreck it Ralph, Classics, Television, Sesame Street, Pets, and Sci-Fi.
Funko pop facts
- Captain Crunch, Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and other General Mills cereal characters were the first Funko pop characters made.
- Super Mario figures have never been released by Funko pops.
- Austin Powers had a helping hand in getting Funko pops out. Baker made 100,000 bobbleheads after making a $2,500 deal.
- Baker likes to do food mascots and fictional characters as he knows that they are safe and will not cause him trouble.
- Batman is the most produced Funko pop bobblehead.
- In 2019, there were over 8,300 Funko pop bobbleheads.
- The best-selling Pop bobbleheads include Charizard and Dragonite from Pokemon, Marvel Gingerbread Spiderman or Captain America, Marvel What if Zombie Captain America, Scarlet Witch, and Zombie Hunter Spidey, and President Loki.
Prices will vary on Funko pops based on which one you purchase. You can easily find some Funko pops for under $10. Others, depending on how rare they are, will sell for several thousand. We have heard of clown paint Dumbo selling for over $6,900. Others that are super rare that will have a high price tag include:
- Star Wars – Darth Maul (Holographic)
- Stan Lee (Superhero) (Red Metallic)
- Freddy Funko as Count Chocula (Glow in the Dark)
- Game of Thrones – Freddy Funko as Jaime Lannister (Bloody)
- Clockwork Orange (Glow in the Dark Chase)
Most collectors of Funko pops are not collecting them for the money, but rather for the enjoyment of collecting.
We feel that Funko pops make excellent gifts. These can be gifted to children who have a love of the character. A younger child that loves dinosaurs may be gifted the baby dinosaur Funko pop from the TV show “Dinosaurs”. They also make the mom, Fran, the dad Earl, the sister Charlene, and the brother, Robbie.
Know a person that likes the movie “The Good Dinosaur”? Surprise them with the green dino Arlo. Someone who is into the Jurassic Park movies may love the dilophosaurus Funko pop with its frill out and mouth wide open. Or there is the choice of Blue from the movie too.
There is also Dino, the dinosaur from the Flintstones.
If your child collects Pop bobbleheads, it is an excellent thing for them to get into. They will become very proud of their collection, and it can help them to meet new friends. If your child is shy, this may be the way to get them to open up and talk about what they enjoy.
To go with the Funko pop bobbleheads, there are other things you can purchase. There are T-shirts of various characters, and keychains too. These make a great addition to a gift.
We hope you enjoyed our reviews and buyer’s guide for dinosaur Funko pops. These are perfect for anyone that collects dinosaur items or has a love for the terrible lizards.
No matter what dinosaur Funko pop bobblehead you go with, you are bound to bring a smile to someone’s face. These characters are very cute, even if they may have sharp teeth.
Who knows, maybe someday one of the Funko pops you receive will be worth some hard-earned cash as well.