No matter what design you have in a room, the curtains can make or break the look. This goes with adult bedrooms or children’s rooms.
One look that is easy to pull off is a dinosaur room for either a boy or a girl. With various dinosaur curtains on the market today, it is easy to find exactly what you are looking for.
Dinosaur curtains can take a plain room and turn it into a room your child will adore. Likewise dinosaur curtains can help mesh a room with other items, like dinosaurs rugs, kids dinosaur bedding and dino blankets, as well as other similar themed items into a unified look.
Best dinosaur curtains: our picks
1. Linen Plus 2 Panel Dinosaur Curtain Set with Grommets
Buy it: From $20, Amazon.com
2. Sapphire Home Dinosaurs Design Print Kids Window Curtain Panels with tiebacks
Buy it: From $22, Amazon.com
3. Fancy Linen Collection 2 Panel Dinosaur Curtain Set with Grommets
Buy it: From $19, Amazon.com
4. Ambesonne Nursery 2 Panel Dinosaur Cartoon Doodle Curtain Set
Buy it: From $23, Amazon.com
5. Lunarable Dinosaur 2 Panel Jurassic Dinosaurs Curtain Set
Buy it: From $23, Amazon.com
6. Eclipse Dippy Dinos Thermal Insulated Single Panel Room Darkening Curtains
Buy it: From $17, Amazon.com
7. Sevendec Dinosaur Wild Jungle Scene Kids Window Curtain Panels
Buy it: From $21, Amazon.com
8. Ambesonne Cartoon Dinosaur 2 Panel Kids Curtain Set
Buy it: From $23, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur curtains
One thing that really completes a look in any room is the window treatments.
With a wide variety of treatments on the market, from various blinds to shades to curtains, it may be hard to decipher what you want.
However, curtains offer a look that is timeless. Curtains offer a warmth that is unmatched when it comes to any other window treatment. And with so many great dinosaur curtains online, the room will come alive.
When picking dinosaur curtains, you will want to purchase a set that your child will love. This can be done by picking their favorite color and/or dinosaur. Maybe they love blue and their favorite dinosaur is the T-rex. By looking for this combination in curtains, you can often find some really great window treatment decorations.
Dinosaur curtains are made from different types of fabric. Each kind of fabric will provide a different look as the coverage, texture, and how durable they will be will depend upon what the curtains are constructed from.
The types of curtain fabrics include:
Polyester curtains – A durable material for curtains that is affordable, this material is very easy to take care of. As they are so low-maintenance, this fabric is great for children’s bedrooms. It could be to your advantage to pick a curtain that is in a darker color.
Cotton curtains – A very versatile option, cotton curtains can provide a look that is traditional or modern. These curtains are very easy to care for, therefore, you may wish to find dinosaur curtains in this fabric as they work exceptionally well for younger kids.
Linen curtains – This type of curtain has a sheer fabric that billows. It generally will not block the sun, and allows natural light to come into the home. They are dry clean only and need to be hung up as soon as possible in order to avoid wrinkles.
Silk curtains – While curtains made from this type of material are dry clean only, these curtains provide a sophisticated look. They are rarely used for children’s rooms due to this. These curtains are also on the more expensive side.
Thermal curtains – These curtains are perfect if you live in colder places. Thermal curtains can be made from cotton or polyester and are very thick. They are the perfect choice for windows that are on the drafty side.
Curtains come in quite a few different measurements. Each measurement will provide the room with a different look.
You will want to carefully measure your child’s window to determine which size is right for you. A handy guide to follow is:
- 63-inch drapes generally sit at or just below the windowsill.
- 84-inch drapes sit at or just above the floor.
- 95-inch drapes can be pooled on the ground for a more striking look.
Curtain Hanging Tips
Consider taking the following tips into consideration before hanging your curtains.
- Do not purchase curtain rods that are too narrow. Select one that is a few inches longer than your window.
- Allow the curtains a full look. If you don’t have enough fabric, the curtains will look cheap and skimpy.
- Consider the room and who it will be used by before selecting your curtains. If you have children, you will want something that is easy to wash. If you have drafty windows, you will want a material that is made for that. Or if you want light to stream in, you will need to purchase a lighter blend.
- Do not purchase curtains that are too short. If there are a few inches underneath where the curtain stops, but you can still see the window, the curtains are not long enough. You will either need to purchase a longer curtain or move the rod down on the window.
How big or small your curtain rod size is can also make a difference in how the curtains appear to look in a room.
If you are looking for a traditional look, consider picking a rod that is two or three inches past the window frame. This will cover the window should it be open.
If you wish to make the window look wider, pick a rod that is ten to fifteen inches past the trim.
For the standard look, hang the curtain rod six inches above the window. But if your desire is to make the entire room seem taller, purchase curtains that are extra long and hang the rod near the ceiling.
Curtains are not just an element in your home that add some decoration. While they do add color and texture, they also provide privacy, warmth, and allow light to seep in.
Curtains can complete a look by either complimenting or contrasting the main color choices of the room.
No matter what room you are hanging curtains in,understand the fabrics that work the best. In the case of dinosaur curtains, chances are that they will be hung in a child’s room, so opt to go with cotton or polyester for best results.