I have this friend that has a T-rex costume and loves to get their use out of it. She has posted pictures of her husband shoveling snow in it, running down the street going crazy in it, or even skateboarding on it. I love watching these videos because it proves that adults need to act like kids once in a while.
Adult dinosaur costumes have become rather popular. Among a favorite is the T-rex.
Stay with us to read about the best adult dinosaur costumes, along with a buyer’s guide. Here you will learn all sorts of great information pertaining to these funny costumes.
Best adult dinosaur costumes: our picks
1. Rubie’s Adult Official Jurassic World Inflatable Dinosaur Costume
Buy it: From $49, Amazon.com
2. Double Couple Inflatable Ride On Adult Dinosaur Costume
Buy it: From $26, Amazon.com
3. Funny Costumes Inflatable T-Rex Dinosaur Costume
Buy it: From $55, Amazon.com
4. Spooktacular Creations Riding a Raptor Inflatable Dinosaur Costume
Buy it: From $44, Amazon.com
5. Rubie’s Jurassic World Inflatable Velociraptor Adult Dinosaur Costume
Buy it: From $113, Amazon.com
6. Spooktacular Creations Full Body Inflatable Adult Dinosaur Costume
Buy it: From $40, Amazon.com
7. Decalare Adult Inflatable Dinosaur T-Rex Costume
Buy it: From $39, Amazon.com
8. Rubie’s Jurassic World 2 Inflatable Triceratops Adult Costume
Buy it: From $96, Amazon.com
9. Twinkle Star Adult Inflatable T-Rex Dinosaur Skeleton Costume
Buy it: From $49, Amazon.com
Buying guide for adult dinosaur costumes
I am so happy that the adult dinosaur costumes are now a thing. They are funny and people are really using their creativity with them.
And best of all, it does not even have to be Halloween time.
Keep reading to find out more.
Creativity at its best
Adult dinosaur costumes are not just for Halloween. They can be used at any time of the year. Here are some neat ways we have seen them used.
- In a proposal– We have seen a man dress up as a T-rex, then surprise his girlfriend with it. The dino starts by dancing around the lady, badgering her. She had no idea it was her boyfriend and playfully laughed him off. Until he got down on one knee and showed who he was!
- Sick kid– We have also seen a child that had been sick for several days in the hospital be surprised by a person in a dinosaur costume. This brightened the child’s day up tremendously.
- Basketball– Ever seen a group of dinosaurs try to play basketball? This was a funny video to watch.
- Wedding dance– Everyone wants their wedding to be special. One bride was surprised by a group of dino dancers.
- Acts of kindness– Kindness goes far. Dress up as a dinosaur and go to a store, then hold the door open for people walking in. You may need to ask permission from the store owner first.
- Daycares– Ask your local daycare if they would like you to stop by in your costume to meet the kids. Perhaps you could also have some dinosaur lollipops or fruit snacks to pass out as well.
- Vendor mascot– Have your own business, such as a small cafe or a food truck? Consider having a dinosaur mascot. These adult dinosaur costumes are the perfect thing for this, as they are funny and eye-catching.
- Story hour– Are you a librarian? Then you know how important story hour is for kids. Plan a dinosaur themed story hour, and have someone dress up as a dinosaur for pictures or to sing and dance with the children. This will be a story hour that will never be forgotten.
All in the family
Wondering what your family could go for at Halloween Time? How about a dinosaur family? There are so many amazing adult dinosaur costumes, as well as kids. They even make pet dinosaur costumes.
You can have everyone in your family be the same dinosaur, such as a T-rex family or a triceratops family. Want to be different? Go with everyone picking their own dinosaur costume. You may have a T-rex, a raptor, a stegosaurus, and a triceratops in the same family, but it will be super cute!
Plush or inflatable
There are a few different kinds of adult dinosaur costumes. Plush costumes will generally be soft to the touch. They could have plush hands and might even have pieces of material that go over your shoes. They generally have a hood for the head. A great idea for these costumes is to paint the face with matching paint.
Inflatable dinosaur costumes really do inflate. While these have been around for several years, within the past few years, they have become extremely popular. For some inflatable dinosaur costumes, you can see the individual’s head, such as in the brontosaurus one. The head here is placed where the dinosaur’s neck is.
But for several of the other inflatable dinosaur costumes, you are not able to tell who is in the costume. The individual is able to see out, but no one can see inside it. They do make some that have a clear rectangular area so everyone can see the individual wearing the costume.
Does your kid love dinosaurs? If so, consider purchasing an adult dinosaur costume to have a mascot at their next birthday party. Your child will be the talk of their class when a dino shows up! Pass out cupcakes, play a game with the kids, or have a dance party. Whatever you do, kids are sure to remember the fun they had with a dinosaur.
We hope you enjoyed our reviews and buyer’s guide on adult dinosaur costumes. Kids should not get to have all the fun, and with these costumes, that makes it possible.
Whether you are going trick or treating with your kids, passing out candy, visiting a sick kid, or wanting to do an act of kindness, an adult dinosaur costume can be the way to go. Everyone will love seeing these and you can easily brighten up someone’s day.
And that is something to roar about.