Rugs make great pieces for any room. They look great in a bedroom, living room, play room, or family room.
The right rug can add contrast or dimension to a room. No matter what room you are decorating, there is a perfect rug for you.
With so many shapes and colors, you will find it may be a little harder than you think to pick the best rug.
Here we will provide you with the best dinosaur rugs of 2020, along with a buying guide for making sure you find the best ones for your needs.
Best dinosaur rugs: Our picks
1. Dina Park Dinosaur World Kids Play Mat Rug
Buy it: From $22, Amazon.com
2. Mohawk Home Dinosaur Blue Striped Printed Kids Rug
Buy it: From $75, Amazon.com
3. Wildkin Kids Olive Kids Dinosaur Land Rug
Buy it: From $45, Amazon.com
4. Sleepwish Colorful Dinosaur Alphabet Non-Slip Rug
Buy it: From $26, Amazon.com
5. SweetJoJo Designs Blue and Green Dinosaur Kids Rug
Buy it: From $45, Amazon.com
6. ALAZA Cartoon Hipster Dinosaur Polka Dot Rug
Buy it: From $55, Amazon.com
7. Paco Home Jurrasic World T-Rex Dinosaur Rug
Buy it: From $34, Amazon.com
8. Shorping Dinosaur Bones and Footprints Rug
Buy it: From $40, Amazon.com
Buying guide for dinosaur rugs
Rugs are a great element to add to a room. They feel great on bare feet, and in general, just warm the room up.
Rugs are perfect for adding a unique feel. This is especially true when it comes to shaped rugs. Dinosaur rugs are a great addition to a little boy’s room, and can make them feel very special.
If you are not certain which rug is best for your home, our buying guide can make it simple to pick the right rug.
Rugs come in many different sizes, and that holds true for dinosaur rugs. Some dinosaur rugs are small, making them perfect for bathrooms or other tiny spaces.
Other dinosaur rugs are medium sized and could be great for a playroom or on the side of a bed. This is especially true if decorating your child’s nursery, as a rug can make a great addition to a dinosaur toddler bed set as a final touch to complete the look.
You might also want to think about matching your dinosaur rug with the other elements of the room. Many brands offer accessories like dinosaur curtains, dinosaur wallpaper, and other similar items in matching styles.
If you find a large dinosaur rug, it could be used for a bedroom that has hardwood floors.
Popular sizes for a bedroom dinosaur rug are as follows:
- 2.5 feet by 9 feet
- 3 feet by 5 feet
- 5 feet by 8 feet
- 8 feet by 10 feet
- 9 feet by 12 feet
- 10 feet by 14 feet
Shapes of dinosaur rugs
When picking a dinosaur rug, you must determine what shape you want the rug to be. There are some on the market that are shaped as regular rugs, such as an oval, rectangle, or circle that have dinosaurs on them. These prints can vary from having many small dinosaurs to just one large dinosaur.
Other dinosaur rugs are shaped like the actual dinosaur. You can find them that are shaped like a stegosaurus, T-rex, Iguanodon, Triceratops, and many more. Some of these may be cartoon-like while others look real.
Dinosaur rug materials
It is also important to decide what sort of material you want your dinosaur rug to be made from.
- A wool dinosaur rug will lend a great look to any bedroom. The rug will be smooth and soft to the touch. The fibers of the wool make the entire rug long lasting, so these rugs are great for young children. A wool rug may be a bit on the pricey side for some budgets. Keep in mind though that it is not unusual for someone to be allergic to wool.
- A shag dinosaur rug is a fun addition to the bedroom as it provides a cozy look. These rugs are very plush and super soft. A shag rug is a popular choice with younger and teenage girls. These rugs often come in bright, fun colors.
- A cotton dinosaur rug is often found as cotton is easy to dye, thus making it easy to find a wide array of dinosaur colors. These rugs are very inexpensive and have a casual look and feel to them.
- A synthetic fiber rug, many looks can be customized. There are three types of rugs that fall into this category.
- A nylon rug is very strong and durable and will resist crumbs. This is great for kids. However nylon will fade very quickly.
- Olefin rugs are durable and will repel stains. They are super affordable, making them a great pick for any family on a budget. However, if you place furniture over the rug, the indents may be permanent.
- Polyester rugs are super durable and will resist bleach and fading. They are also hard to wear out. The downside to a polyester rug is colors and patterns are limited as it is harder to dye this type of material.
- Jute rugs are a tough rug that can withhold a lot. These are stylish and make the perfect rug for anyone that may be allergic to wool. They do have a rougher feel to them, so they may not feel the best on bare feet.
Dinosaur rug tips
You may wish to follow these tips to be certain your dinosaur rug looks amazing wherever you place it.
- If choosing a dinosaur area rug for the bedroom, be sure that there is a foot that extends out from either side of the bed.
- If the bedroom is rather large, you might wish to pick a dinosaur rug that will fit underneath a nightstand as well.
- If you decide to use a dinosaur rug in a child’s bathroom, place one of these at the foot of every sink. If this is not an option, use one long runner.
We hope you have enjoyed our best of dinosaur rugs post. Our buying guide will assist you in making sure you find the best dinosaur rug for your wants and needs.
It has been our pleasure to find these rugs, and we know that one is a perfect fit for you.
By using our buying guide for dinosaur rugs, you can rest assured that all the guesswork is taken out of the equation for you.